Tuesday, October 02, 2007

My La(O)st Date...

be ready by seven is wat he said...
n yess.. I nodded my head..
All I cud think of was..
ohh gosh!! is he gonna be mine tonite...
m not one of those gals..
m just one of those who get to dream..
he's the one who dives into every gal's thoughts..
day in n day out,
who knew he'd come by n take me along..
another knight of his stature..
is yet to b born..
the kingdom knows not..
who's the prince's gal..
It's me .. can I shout just once..
m happy.. m I to pinch myself n ask...
I remember I read it once..
everybody gets a chance..
ur destiny u decide..
u write wat the stars hide..
m not beautiful I know...
I was not a damsel born..
they call me the darkest horse..
why then he choose me of them all..
is it time ripe enuf to go n ask..
wat if he says..its not u I want...
hav to look for wat to wear..
wat is it dat the evening demands..
is there sumthing more to take care of..
the palace is the place ppl long for...
everytime the king says.. it's autumn fall..
many a springs hav gone by...
many a seasons hav passed along..
nor hav I missed the rains.. neither the summers I ran from..
winters was wen all my friends hide..
I have then alone strolled...
hours hav I spent by the riverside...
n thats wen I kept my ugliness aside...
looking into the blue waters..
one day I found..
was not alone there..
a hidden companion stood around...
best of pals we grew into..
just to discover him gone outta nowhere...
it was nothing but a mirage..
alone like alwaz I was to stroll...
he was gone with the wind.. he brought..
m still standing there..with open arms..
I love the breeze off my face..
its just his scent m unable to wash..
it wasnt love..no it was not..
coz my friends tell me...
there never was a guy who by the riverside walked..
n then who'd give a gal like you..
even a single thought...
I knew they were right...
n I dreamt after that not even for a single nite..
m sure not the one the prince called...
they mistook me for a beauty wizard..
its not the eve m born for...
m just a plain Jane outta stones carved..
better not to become a fun stock..
my first date. was never to happen..
n today I call it the last one..
m not to survive another day..
not another sun m gonna ask..
why moon.. is wat they ask...
coz its the dark dat has accompanied me all along..
another knock on the door...
maybe for the last time I'll answer before m gone...
ohh pretty lady it's u the prince asks ...
just go away.. it's not me u r looking for...
it's only for u hav come this far...
many a leaves from the brown trees fall..
by the riverside my shadow grew tall..
turn around n look into my eyes..
ohh!! is it you..Solomon
but long were u gone..
I waited for u from dusk to dawn..
Mary Jane it's u have ever thought of..
will u be mine today...
n tomorrow.. till the time forever calls...
but u deserve the best of the lot..
I know..but think m not gud enuf for her to sought..
just gimme a chance..
ur hand in mine...nothing but the horizon in sight...
ohh Solomon.. I never thought..
but guess my fate's not dat frail..
n in the blue sea together we sail...

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

AWEsome!!! An since its AWEsome and i'm still in awe ,i dont have ne more words to describe it!!!! :)

10:16 PM  
Blogger SurERealist said...

u actually mean it or is it just another one of those mock at Me cases...

2:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home