Saturday, June 09, 2007

EnGenuiNearing....yet too Far!!

can I become an engineer too.. like the many smart dudes who proudly call themselves engineers..waiting for the entrance results.. m scared now.. would I or would I not get thru atleast 0ne of them..hav my fingers crossed..
but the summer wind is telling me not to worry..
IIT was never my aim ..I kno I cant crack it.. afterall its the birthright of the crankiest ppl round the country.. m satisfied being just n engineer.. n it seems its no big deal.. the past few days.. the idolist fever going round the idiot box.. has made me realize one simple fact.. ours is a country full of talent..almost half of the countrymen are singers..n half of them are dancers n almost all of them are engineers...
wat a relief...I know m gonna b one sooner or later.. they say its just the game of patience...
patience my friend is the key to all failures.. oops..key to all dreams coming true..
well as for now.. its a deal.. let me just relate a very common conversation in most of the engineering colleges in the country capital..

"good morning sir"
a beautifullll ENGLISH speaking receptionist..(o0hh no chance even here...) very impressive.
"good..."
"is it a son or a daughter"
"hmm..Son..????"
"room no. 4.. "
"actually.."
" well n ya..ur cellphone..u need to deposit it.." (now this is a catch.. thanks to aajtak.. n the V3i's..n just pray that u have one nice cellphone too.. its all bout standards sir..)
moving further...
"but I just.."
"thank you..."
"okk.. which room ..."
(these oldies cant even remember the room no's how do they expect to get their child into BTech..)
"room no. 4 sir.. thank you.."
(ohh my son.. is too intelligent.. these ppl hav no clue.. they 're gonna beg me to get him into their coll...)
"excuse me...." (this room is packed...)
"10 lakhs..."
"???? wattttt... is he upto.. engineering admission or gold mine deal."
" here's mine.. comp science... mine mechanical...my son into electronics...mine......"
"n wat bout u sir.."
" I need some time to think.. shall let u know"
" plzzz just get aside...thank you.."
" ok.."
(room no. 3.. now wats here... daughters room... good management.. arrangements..wats teh rate here.. I mean price.. ohh leave that.. 7 lakhs...)
well it does helps to be a girl sometimes.. do we get a affidavit for the child's sex nowadays...i mean maybe u know it can help reduce 3 lakhs.. n who's gonna check after the admissions..
we do get income affidavits made in 500 bucks..
"ur cellphone sir.."
"ohh thanks.."
so this was a well round trip.. it takes lot f pains to b an engineer's father...
newaz..my dreams are still alive.. though my Dad's taking a little rest these days...
n guess its soon gonna b the girls's age..with almost every parent wishing to hav a daughter... newaz..with the increasing market price in the ever increasing inflation.. we guys would definitely b rocking again..hopefully..
n if there's still a few eyebrows raised as to why 3 lakhs less.. its simple.. u know...u definitely are gonna make ur Son an engineer..n wen it comes to the fairer sex .. the unfairness helps them rock this world....
I dream of a country where the metro announcers mention "plzz vacate seats for senior citizens, gents, and..."
the first three seats in DTC' s are reserved for the male fraternity...
our constitution gives them 33% reservations..
afterall its about the birthrights.. they have ruled the fairer sex for centuries.. they atleast deserve the equality...

2 Comments:

Blogger The Grin Reaper said...

Its quite true you know. Reservation never helps anyone except maybe the politicians cause they gain a few votes. That's why I doubt it is ever going to be removed. Sad, really. Anyhow, liked your take on it! :D

5:38 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

why this sudden frustration abt an issue that by now we supposedly have taken for granted,and that too when u inevitably have crossed those hurdles....and 10 laks :7 laks ,eh??I dont think the situation is that gud!!! ;o)

Ahem ahem...so it seems our very own graduate is on her way to proffessing women's ....ooops...men's rights!!!!!!Right ho.....

9:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home