Sunday, November 19, 2006

My so called companion..

just a few posts before there were a few questions raised bout my referring to someone as my companion those days..
n then it was all take n in a lighter vein..
fought over n forgot..
but it was not that simple..
the companion is not any more mine.. n m happy for the one holding hands with...
yesterday in the church I did happen to reach a few minutes before the usual time..
ya hav somehow managed to keep the time for a few things..
n it was all empty..
me n my footsteps were kinna breaking the silence of the place as if entering into an unknown territory..
I stood there for it seemed like moments.. hours .. years..
n I was still there..
was looking for sumthing but..
as usual without my specs unable to locate..
or did I actually wish to figure out..I dont think so..
have sat on that third bench for many sundays alone now..
so was definitely not looking for my lost companion...
n I dont want to do it either..
my thoughts were relieved by the sudden noise from behind..
n I stepped back...
from where I was upto...
I dint turn n m thankful...
I took my usual place ..
someone called out my name..
asked me to join them in the singing...
"M pathetic" I replied...
he wasn't convinced...n assured me one day I'll be standing there in the front...
well they know not that there's one who could n who's too good..
but...
neways..
with a few comulsions..
I came up with wierd words.."I'll support u from here...afterall u need support from all corners..." "chaluu" he said....n all burst into laughter... me too for teh first time..
in a long time I guess..
how cud I miss out on laughing.. when I make sure nobody misses out on that one...
n we startedf with the usual..
hymns...
I see someone standing besides...A friend...an acquaintance..a friend's friend..I dunno..
but yes now I was not alone on that bench..
sort of....
"our next song will b esong no. 23".... it's our favourite song..
my favourite song...to ammend...
we sit for the prayer..
n I hear a voice..
do I kno this one..
yes I do...its the voice I've heard 24 7...not a second passed without it...
n today I wonder whether or not...
n intended to leave b4 the prayers ..
I stopped now to bow my head together with that ONE .. to close my eyes..with THOSE..
n for the last time maybe..
we sang OUR favourite prayer together..
I bid u farewell today my companion..
coz..
U have found a new hand ..n a new foot to match ur steps...

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

And all this time i wondered y ur so-called "lost companion" and u were sitting miles away,not seeing eye-2-eye...I felt the cold vibes as i entered the sanctity of d church,and stopped in my tracks...indecisive of wat to comprehend...an empty seat besides u,and miss u-know-who never carin abt d fact..she did pass me a smile,bt it was somewhere lost in that moment of reflection ...and even as they sang prayers to 'thee',i tried to think of wat cud've gone so wrong,turning back i cudn't find my answer...turning sideways still left me dazed,nd b4 i cud ask u,u vanished into thin air...
Watever the facts though,there's one thing which makes me sombre here-"friend...acquaintance...friend's friend..."
I wish i cud change that long sentence into one short word...

11:33 PM  
Blogger SurERealist said...

well for a more than one reasons..
I dont want to cut that long sentence short....
n ya.. thanks..
for standing besides...
was almost falling when u came...

11:52 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ohhhkkkk ma'm !!! Whatever the reasons(and i'm suprised theyr'e more than one!!) ....i dunno wat to say!!But i guess ,i'll remember it from now on...

11:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home