Monday, September 11, 2006

Nobody remembers my name....

yup...thats true..
well its been not long though that my sweet roompartner(sumthin I don't like her callin me..but that's apt here..) who was so engrossed with fash p..ya she was there on the ramp.. n I was supposed to click her..n she looked hot too..
but the thing highlights those pre fash p days is this one real life incident(unfortunately)..
that we hav the who's who of the f world rite in our room..
n I call Mugdha off from another room on the floor..here she enters..n m there too afterall it's my room too...cool..I rhyme any time...after a long 15 minutes they suddenly felt the presence of another being under that roof...n my caring(she definitely is..) roomie points at me..n says she is.............hmmmmmm.....hmmmmm...hmmmmmm...yeah there u are...Priya....ok...to b frank that's not my name not yet...I guess...n I humbly speak out my not so familiar name..it's been just one sem n a month together..I leave the room not ne more mine..
This just passed my memory when one day I step into the church n this sweet lady smiled at me(I was more than content..)..n called out "Swati..."...was just tryin to figure out while the expressions on my face told the story...she realizes there was a somewhere n here comes another blow to my already shattered esteem(ya the new one by Maruti b4 Ash specifies..)..
"Shweta..." yeah exactly came my inner voice howling..wen interrupted by Meenakshi the greatest of them all clarified..n with consoling hands on my shoulders showed me the way to our usual place in the God's abode..I kno how much she wanted to laugh loud but the silence of the place barred her fom doing so..Thank the almighty for that..."Y is it that nobody remembers my name?? " I kinna cried in lowest pitch ever..."Comeon its just that ur name is too simple to remember..so ppl don't make a point memorizing it..." ya y not..we did sang our usual sunday hymns in the loudest voices...n happily n merrily we were stepping out..."Hey Meenakshi " came a voice calling from behind..we were about to turn..."hey Priya..." that's me..."Thanks for coming.."another round of name reminding ceremony n we stand there cracking a few jokes..
n walking back to the usual spot Nesci...
in fact after this eye opener..n once i was thru with relating the day's story with almost all.. actually just a few...I was fine..how wud that matter whether or not they remember my name...
those who kno me for long do...
next day I happen to go to the computer centre of my bhawan..sitting there occupying a single comp. sharing it with Miss Ganesh(Meenakshi that is...see that's the advantage of ppl rememberin ur name..u can be referred nywayz..u'll be recognized...) when I feel this figure standin behind my back...one person of the many...that Meenakshi feels is in love with me..(not to given a thought to even...) .."when are u leaving Pooja...hmmmm..Priya...wat's her name..??" Madam Ganesh almost fell off her chair laughing...n I sit there motionless expressionless..spoke up for my namesake..n stood up.. n left the C.C.
well this was not all...the TS dawn on our not so eventful lives.. n the girl whom I've known now for 2 sems n a month..smiles at me.. I being the usual me..wish her the best for her coming paper..while she's even nicer...n so returns back with..."All the best Priya..." "Thanks..." I replied...
Well guess there are a certain names destined to b forgotten...
I m lucky I kno two...

3 Comments:

Blogger Mixi said...

Hey..uhmmm...errr...one sec.... arre yaar... oh yeah... Priya.... nice one... I hope i got your name right.....
:)
Seeing as I'm the only one who gets it right everytime!!!

still laughing... especially the time when Nagma..... heeheehee

But u know na..
Love u the way u r...

12:03 AM  
Blogger Aupsy-The cOOlest One!! said...

THE "FASH-P" EFFECT.....
;o)

10:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nd btw...the peice "Loneliness Knows Me By Name" on my blog is my answer to this sad contemplation of ur buff... mind

11:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home